Who We Are:
Catalyst Academy Charter School is a free, open enrollment public charter school serving scholars and families in Pittsburgh’s East End. Our mission is to create a world-class K-8 school where children are prepared for college, career, and life. We believe in creating a cohesive community in which scholars and families see themselves as catalysts for their communities. Our core values center around three words: Belong. Grow. Achieve. Catalyst is a place where scholars, families, teachers, and leaders exemplify the meaning of our core values.
Belong – We create spaces in which our people feel seen, heard, and valued for the lived experience they bring to our community.
Grow – Our people never rest on their laurels and continuously strive to be better than they were the day, hour, or minute before through feedback, coaching, and seeking support.
Achieve – We get results and celebrate the wins.
Commitment to Diversity (EEO)
Catalyst Academy Charter School does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, students, families, community partners, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Who We are Looking For:
Catalyst seeks an experienced School Nurse to join our Founding Team in a part-time capacity. If you are resilient, hard working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Catalyst Academy.
What You Will Need to Know:
- PA School Nurse certification.
- RN license.
- BA degree in Nursing
What You Will Do:
Essential Job Functions
- Provides a health questionnaire and conducts a student/parent interview, initiates, performs and assesses screening tests including: height and weight measurements, vision test, audiometric test, tuberculin test, color vision test, scoliosis screening.
- Performs developmental evaluations, complete physical examinations, reviews the teacher’s observation form (kindergarten) and teacher conference when indicated.
- Offers health counseling to parents and students.
- Provides individual health education by discussing age appropriate growth and development with the student as well as teaching anatomy and bodily functions during the physical examination.
- Teaches wellness and health maintenance.
- Refers to school and community resources by assessing and arranging appropriate management and referrals for children with health problems who require further evaluation.
- Prevents and/or controls communicable diseases.
- Manages illness and medical emergencies.
- Provide nursing services to meet the special needs of the students.
- Manages the school environment by identifying and reporting health and safety hazards and modifying student’s school environment to accommodate handicaps or special needs.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions such as maintaining a comprehensive health record on each student, schedule students for mandated services, reports all services rendered, send forms and notices to parents, record results of exams, tests, health room visits, emergencies on student records, reports student immunization information to the state health department, sends and receives referrals and order supplies.
- Other duties as assigned and needed by the Supervisor.