Join Our Team
“If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.”
– Booker T. Washington
Commitment to Diversity (EEO)
Catalyst Academy Charter School does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, students, families, community partners, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Who We Are
Catalyst Academy Charter School is a free, open enrollment public charter school serving scholars and families in Pittsburgh’s East End. Our mission is to create a world-class K-8 school where children are prepared for college, career, and life. We believe in creating a cohesive community in which scholars and families see themselves as catalysts for their communities. Our core values center around three words: Belong. Grow. Achieve. Catalyst is a place where scholars, families, teachers, and leaders exemplify the meaning of our core values.
Who We Are Looking For
- A steadfast believer that all scholars can achieve academic excellence, no matter their lived experience or background;
- A growth-minded practitioner who is constantly learning, improving, and hungry for feedback;
- A tenacious problem-solver who is eager to approach challenges with smart solutions in mind;
- An eternal optimist who supports and motivates their teammates by having their back no matter what and being an active collaborator;
- A bond-builder, who believes that strong relationships across lines of difference that reach beyond the walls of a classroom are the lynchpin for strong schools;
- A warm-demander, who knows that scholars will rise to the high expectations we set for them and that relationships matter in supporting all children;
- A precise planner who begins with the end in mind to drive daily actions;
- A detail maven who recognizes that achievement comes from small, intentional actions over time;
- A data-driven analyst who reflects and takes purposeful action based on results;
- A proactive communicator who connects with scholars, families, and teammates across lines of difference
We are looking for individuals interesting in joining school leadership and who want to perfect their craft while working alongside communities of color in the east end of Pittsburgh.
In order for Catalyst Academy to successfully achieve its mission, we need talented, driven, individuals in all roles – inside and outside the classroom. We anticipate additional operational and support staff positions to be available for the 2021-22 school year. Please check back here periodically for additional job postings.