Who We Are:
Catalyst Academy Charter School is a free, open enrollment public charter school serving scholars and families in Pittsburhg’s East End. Our mission is to create a world class K-8 school where children are prepared for college, career, and life. We believe in creating a cohesive community in which scholars and families see themselves as catalysts for their communities. Our core values center around three words: Belong. Grow. Achieve. Catalyst is a place where scholars, families, teachers, and leaders exemplify the meaning of our core values.
BELONG: We create spaces in which our people feel seen, heard, and valued for the lived experience they bring to our community.
GROW: Our people never rest on their laurels and continuously strive to be better than they were the day, hour, or minute before through feedback, coaching, and seeking support.
ACHIEVE: We get results and celebrate wins.
Who We are Looking for:
Catalyst Academy seeks an experienced operations professional to join our team in a full-time capacity. If you are resilient, hard working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement and opportunity gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Catalyst Academy.
What You Need to Know:
- This position will report to the CEO and will be highly visible to the entire organization.
- Our entire team is focused on closing the achievement and opportunity gap for children impacted by poverty and race. This role is a major piece of the Catalyst Academy effort to close this gap. Providing a world-class education requires effective and efficient operations that significantly contribute to our scholars’ sense of belonging, growth, and achievement.
- 2020-2021 was the first year of school operations for Catalyst Academy. Because it was the founding year, coupled with the impact of the pandemic and limited budgets, many operational systems need to be modified to enable the organization to scale more effectively as we grow. This will be both a challenge and an opportunity.
- This position is a dynamic, growth-oriented role that will likely involve a number of key school functional areas, which could include: Technology, Facilities Management, Billing/Purchasing, Transportation, Food Service, Communications, Data Systems, Human Resources, Marketing, and Regulatory compliance
- There will be varying degrees of independence and autonomy depending on the functional area.
- We have a do-whatever-it-takes mentality. This means pitching in when circumstances require it. For example, assisting with delivering food to a classroom.
- 1-5 years experience in multiple (2+) functional areas of an organization, ideally within a school setting. These school functional areas could include: Technology, Facilities Management, Billing/Purchasing, Transportation, Food Service, Communications, Data Systems, Human Resources, Marketing, Regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated ability to track, use, and analyze data to drive both high-level and granular decisions. Spreadsheets should not scare you.
- Strong sense for how to prioritize many competing priorities in a fluid environment
- Experience establishing and maintaining operational systems
- Strong communication skills with a variety of audiences
What You Will Do:
- It is difficult to characterize what a typical day would look like given the variety of functions that this position will likely help manage. However, here are some illustrative examples across some functions:
- Resolve teacher/staff/student tech issues or act as liaison with tech support vendor(s) to resolve the issues
- Liaison between vendors and facility developer/landlord on new tech implementation
- Facilities Management
- Coordinate building services as needed (cleaning/maintenance, plumbing/electrical, HVAC, pest control, groundskeeping, etc)
- Produce monthly tuition invoices to sending districts
- Research and help resolve vendor payment issues
- Scholar Transitions
- Support school wide logistics (e.g., lunch/cafetorium, recess)
- Assist with scholar arrivals/dismissals
- Contact bus companies for late buses
- Food Service
- Work with food vendor to manage inventory
- Oversee reimbursement process with food service mgmt company
Commitment to Diversity (EEO):
Catalyst Academy Charter School does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, students, families, community partners, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.