Student Records & Data Reporting Specialist
Who We Are:
Catalyst Academy Charter School is a free, open enrollment public charter school serving scholars and families in Pittsburhg’s East End. Our mission is to create a world class K-8 school where children are prepared for college, career, and life. We believe in creating a cohesive community in which scholars and families see themselves as catalysts for their communities. Our core values center around three words: Belong. Grow. Achieve. Catalyst is a place where scholars, families, teachers, and leaders exemplify the meaning of our core values.
BELONG: We create spaces in which our people feel seen, heard, and valued for the lived experience they bring to our community.
GROW: Our people never rest on their laurels and continuously strive to be better than they were the day, hour, or minute before through feedback, coaching, and seeking support.
ACHIEVE: We get results and celebrate wins.
Who We are Looking for:
Catalyst Academy seeks an experienced administrative professional ideally with experience in a K-12 school setting.
If you are hard working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement and opportunity gap for historically underserved children impacted by race and economic disadvantage, then we invite you to consider a career with Catalyst Academy.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Prior experience working in a school environment strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with major office software platforms, e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Adept at learning online platforms as required for the fulfillment of job responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Clarity and brevity is important in our fast-changing school environment.
- Experience with professional communications to parents is helpful.
- Qualified candidates must have all relevant clearances to work in a school (e.g., FBI fingerprint, criminal, child abuse).
What You Will Do:
- Duties likely include, but are not limited to:
- Verify student enrollment documentation
- Send enrollment documents to school districts
- Request student records from prior schools as needed
- Coordinate student transportation with home school districts
- Support student onboarding (e.g., parent access to various school platforms)
- Process student withdrawals, address changes, etc.
- Support scholar health records documentation
- Coordinate sending/receiving special education records as needed
- Prepare and send parent notices as needed (e.g., attendance reports)
- Prepare monthly invoices for school districts
- Identity areas for improvement in processes and procedures related to student records and operations more generally
- As a member of Catalyst Academy’s operations team, you will need to be flexible and provide additional support when needed. This could include front office reception support, parent phone calls, arrival/dismissal support, and various other tasks.
Commitment to Diversity (EEO):
Catalyst Academy Charter School does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, students, families, community partners, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.