Who We Are:
Catalyst Academy Charter School is a free, open enrollment public charter school serving scholars and families in Pittsburgh’s East End. Our mission is to create a world-class K-8 school where children are prepared for college, career, and life. We believe in creating a cohesive community in which scholars and families see themselves as catalysts for their communities. Our core values center around three words: Belong. Grow. Achieve. Catalyst is a place where scholars, families, teachers, and leaders exemplify the meaning of our core values.
Belong – We create spaces in which our people feel seen, heard, and valued for the lived experience they bring to our community.
Grow – Our people never rest on their laurels and continuously strive to be better than they were the day, hour, or minute before through feedback, coaching, and seeking support.
Achieve – We get results and celebrate the wins.
Commitment to Diversity (EEO)
Catalyst Academy Charter School does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, students, families, community partners, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Who are We Looking For:
Catalyst seeks an experienced early elementary School Counselor to join our Founding Team. If you are resilient, hard working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Catalyst Academy.
What You Will Need to Know:
● Valid PA Counseling Certification
What You Will Do:
Essential Job Functions School Counselor is responsible for the development of a comprehensive school counseling program. The certified School Counselor collaborates with others to meet student needs in three areas:
- Career Planning
- Personal-Social Development
- Interprets cognitive, aptitude and achievement tests
- Participates in special education individualized education programs (IEP’s)
- Assists in the educational placement (transition) of departing students
- Provides teachers and administrators support for the integration of the development of scholars’ career skills – e.g. communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking – into the overall academic experience
- Develops external career-oriented partnerships that result in scholars having direct exposure to a wide variety of professional career paths and real-world applicability of their academic skills via our Catalyst Expeditions program
- Oversee the implementation of 21st century career readiness programming and oversee aligned compliance with state standards
- Conducts classroom guidance activities
- Provides individual and group counseling related to academic or personal social development including peer mediation and bullying
- Provides intervention and prevention