How Catalyst Academy prepares children for college, career, and life
If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that we don’t know what the future holds. As a public school and supportive community, Catalyst Academy is ready to prepare our scholars for whatever the future may bring. We’ve thoughtfully laid out our mission, philosophy and educational model so that our scholars can define and achieve their dreams. At Catalyst Academy our mission is to create a world-class K-8 school where all children are prepared for college, career, and life.
Our scholars are future doctors, engineers and roboticists. Our scholars are future artists, musicians and actors. Our scholars are future lawyers, writers and active citizens.
To achieve our mission, we’ve created an educational model focused on these six components:
- High Expectations: We push ourselves and our scholars to always pursue excellence.
- Academic Rigor: College prep, culturally affirming curriculum, longer school day and year.
- Quality Teaching: Small group instruction, instructional coaches, up to two hours daily for planning and practice.
- Strong Relationships: Smaller classes enhancing student and teacher relationships, frequent teacher-parent communication and a parent & community advisor focused on supporting a strong home-school relationship.
- Innovation & Personalization: Learning expeditions, scholar flextime for enrichment and tutoring, and personalized learning tools.
- Holistic Development: Scholar goal circles, social-emotional learning curriculum, dedicated Catalyst Community Time.
We opened as a fully in-person school in the fall of 2020. Currently teaching Kinder, First, and Second grade, we will grow a grade each year to eventually serve kindergarten through 8th grade.
As a public charter school, Catalyst Academy is a tuition-free, open-enrollment school for any student, including students with special needs and English-language learners, in the city of Pittsburgh and other area communities. Regardless of how challenging life can be, we are a safe space, and this is a very special time in your child’s education.
We are here for you and we would love to share this time with you and your child. Enroll now!
Catalyst Academy Charter School’s mission is to prepare all students for college, career, and life. Catalyst Academy Charter School’s core values of Belong. Grow. Achieve. reflect the school’s deep commitment to cultivating an inclusive supportive school community where everyone – children and adults – is focused on learning every day, in order for all students to define and achieve their dreams. Catalyst Academy Charter School’s education model is designed to close both the achievement and opportunity gap. The approach couples rigorous core academics with a broad offering in the arts and sciences. Students will experience STEM learning daily and arts programming four days per week. Enroll your Kinder, first, or second grader today!